Collection Of Information:
Connoisseur Club Pty Ltd collects information about you in 3 different ways:
- Member Registration: When you register to purchase a membership, by filling out the application form online, we will ask you to provide certain information about yourself. This information may include name, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number, credit card number, promotional code (if applicable)Information such as who referred you. Any other personal information is optional. We will collect personal information such as this only when it has been voluntarily provided by you.Voting for your Favourite Restaurant: When you vote for your favourite restaurant, as part of the “members Choice Awards” using the online form, we collect contact information such as your name, mailing address and e-mail address.
Use Of Information By Connoisseur Club Pty Ltd
- We use the information we collect from you in order to provide you with a specific service. For example, we use your contact information (eg. name, address and credit card information), along with your Connoisseur Club Card number, to provide you with, and/or bill you for, any memberships you wish to purchase and which may be available directly from us (note: you will not be able to use such services without providing this information).
We also use your contact information to verify your identity if you wish to replace a lost or stolen Connoisseur Card, and to monitor usage of the Card to ensure that the it is used in accordance with our Rules of Use which can be found by clicking here
- We may also use this information to improve our marketing efforts and services, analyse site usage and customise our website`s content and layout.
- We may also use this information to notify you of special offers, restaurant s, discounts, and new products and services related to the purchase of your Connoisseur Club membership (via e-mail and other on and off-line communications). If you do not wish to receive these communications from us, please notify us by e-mail at email@example.com or call (03) 9499 9870 .
Who Will See Or Have Access To Your Information?
We may disclose to third parties aggregate anonymous statistics regarding our customers, sales, traffic analyses and other information regarding or collected through our websites and printed forms. Other than in this anonymous form, we will not disclose your personal information without first obtaining your permission except as follows:
- We may disclose personal information if required by law or legal process.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties providing, or assisting us in providing, services requested by you, and for billing purposes.
- We may disclose your personal information provided voluntarily as part of the restaurant appraisal process to the restaurant you appraised, so that the restaurant can provide you with information that it thinks you may be interested in about that restaurant
We process online customer orders and collect and store personally identifiable information using 128 SSL encryption technology. SSL encrypts the information you input before it is sent to us via the Internet. In addition, all of the customer information we collected on our website is stored on Connoisseur Club Pty Ltd host server which is located in a restricted access area and is password protected.
We store all other material that contains personally identifiable information at our premises. These premises are kept secure at all times.
Links to other sites; ads
Correcting and updating your information
You may gain access to personal information that Connoisseur Club Pty Ltd has collected about you by contacting (03) 9499 9870. You may also request to have any of your personal information corrected or d by sending an e-mail to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at (03) 9499 9870
Terms and conditions
All establishments participating in the Connoisseur Program are under contract to strictly honour all conditions stipulated in their entry. Notwithstanding, throughout the year establishments may be added or from time to time removed from the program. Members are advised to check the website regularly for up to date information on Connoisseur Participating Establishments. Restaurant World P/L or Connoisseur Club P/L cannot be held responsible for financial loss or inconvenience caused by establishments failing to honour stipulated conditions due to change of ownership or otherwise.
Readers Reports, accessed from the website home page are designed to assist you in your critique of the establishments you frequent. They allow us to accurately monitor what you consider to be the most important aspects of a dining experience and form part of the research for the “Members Choice Awards”.
Memberships purchased over the internet directly through the Connoisseur Club website are not subject to cancellation.
Memberships purchased through an agent/representative of Connoisseur Club P/L
A Connoisseur membership application is subject to cancellation for a period of ten business days after the initial application is made in all States and Territories of Australia. These terms are as outlined as per the provisions of the Australian Consumer Law (ACL) 2011. Purchases made by companies/businesses who intend to use the product in the course of their business fall outside the Australian Consumer Law (ACL) 2011 and as such are NOT subject to cancellation or any other provisions of the Australian Consumer Law (ACL) 2011 These terms may be amended from time to time, without notice in accordance with Fair Trading Legislation.
Cancellation of Membership
- (a) The membership issuer has not complied with the conditions as per the membership agreement.
- (b) There are mitigating circumstances such as terminal illness or severe financial hardship (bankruptcy). In this situation, comprehensive evidence of the full circumstances surrounding the claim must be provided by an independent professional.
- (c) The product has been materially misrepresented to the customer, and there is independent proof of any such misrepresentation. Any claim of this nature will be thoroughly investigated by the membership issuer, and a summary report of the findings will be given to the membership applicant or member.